- How did you choose the girls whose stories are featured in Girl Rising?
- How did you choose the countries in the Girl Rising film?
- Who directed the film?
- How did you choose your writers?
- How did you choose the actresses who voice the girls' stories?
- Why are there only nine stories in the film?
- Is this a documentary?
- Are the stories true?
- Why isn’t there a U.S. story?
- What is going on with the girls now?
- What are you doing for the girls and their families in the film?
- What is the rating of this film?
- What is We Will Rise: Michelle Obama’s Mission to Educate Girls Around the World?
Partners and Funding
- Can I donate to or fundraise for Girl Rising?
- How does Girl Rising cover its production and operating costs?
- What is the Girl Rising Fund?
- How does the distribution of the film support Girl Rising?
- Is Girl Rising a 501c3 non-profit?
- Why did Girl Rising decide to make a movie instead of directly investing in girls’ programs?
- Who are you non-profit partners? How do you choose them?
- Who are Girl Rising’s corporate partners?
- Who are your major donors?
Screenings and Event FAQs
- Can anyone host a private screening of Girl Rising?
- When do I need a screening license to share Girl Rising?
- How does my license fee benefit Girl Rising?
- Is the film available with subtitles?
- If we are an international corporation, can we screen at multiple locations around the world under a single license?
- Is it possible to have a representative from Girl Rising come and speak at our event?
- I’d like to offer Girl Rising merchandise at my event. Do you have wholesale prices?
- I’m not sure I can cover the cost of my screening license. Any advice?